17 July 2014

Duck-face Poppy

Big developments in Poppy world!
She seems to be having some sort of cognitive growth spurt (is that a thing?).  In the last two days she's learned how to roll over AND how to sit up by herself.  So now, every time I lay her on her play mat, she immediately rolls onto her tummy... and then cries because she can't figure out how to get back onto her back.  It's a hard knock life for little Popsicle.

Another big development - last night, she slept from 8:30 pm until 5 am. FIVE AM! That's amazing! 8 and a half hours of solid baby sleep.  I was shocked when I woke up and looked at the clock.  I'm not getting my hopes up that it'll happen again but it was amazing.

Poppy also got a new cousin this week!  Madelynn Lee Hehr.  She's a beaut.  Congratulations Katie and Andrew!

As I'm sure you've all seen, Poppy has been working on the perfect pout/duck face/pucker for the last few weeks.  She does it ALL the time.  I've been saving up the duck face photos for this post. 

Upside down duck face.

Duck face-ing because we went to meet Daddy and he wasn't finished with work yet.

Duck face-ing because she's stuck in the corner of the couch.

Duck face-ing because she can see herself in the phone camera.

Duck face-ing because it's really bloody hot today.

Duck face-ing because I washed her play mat so she had to lay on the quilt instead.

Duck face selfie with Mom.


And my favourite duck face photo - duck face-ing because I wouldn't take her out of her stroller on the bus.

That concludes the duck face photos.  Now some photos of Poppy being cute last weekend.


Trying to eat my face.  I can't wait for the day she gives me a hug without trying to eat me!

Waiting for the bus.  She loves weekends with Daddy!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment