27 April 2016

Baby Sophie

Wow it's been a long time! Not much to report, just had a baby, no big deal :)

Momma Keys got here a few days before baby was due because we were all sure baby was coming early (I was HUGE).  My due date came and went, so I spent the next few days eating jalapeños and spicy Indian food and walking up lots of stairs. 5 days late baby was finally ready to make an appearance!

Here's how birth works in a country with a free health care system and a hospital with not quite enough staff:

We went to the hospital about 6 am after a full night of contractions. I was sent home after my first check so we wandered around for 4 hours, went up to get checked again and was sent home again after being only 2 cm dilated. We walked downstairs in the hospital to get a sandwich, sat down to eat said sandwich and my waters broke... in the middle of the hospital reception. Embarrassing. We went back up to the antenatal ward where they stuck us in the waiting room (literally in the hallway surrounded by non-labouring people, while I was in the throes of labour). I made Mat talk them into giving us a private room while we waited for a midwife. 30 minutes later I was sure I was going to give birth on the floor of the waiting room so they finally threw me in a wheelchair and ran me to the birthing unit. Sophie Irene Horvath made her appearance an hour later.

16 hours of labour, no medication (except paracetamol - basically Tylenol, why do they even bother?), 9lb 6oz baby. Yikes.

My mom was here for 2 weeks after Sophie's arrival to help us, which was amazing. Mat and I actually managed to get some sleep! And Poppy got to spend quality time with Grandma doing fun stuff like baking cookies, dying Easter eggs, and going to the park.

Sadly Grandma had to go back to America (I tried to convince her to stay forever but apparently living in our tiny 2 bedroom flat and sleeping in Poppy's room on an air mattress isn't very appealing) and Mat had to go back to work. The first few weeks on my own with 2 children are a bit of a blur but we survived!

Sophie is almost 6 weeks old already! How long it has taken me to write this shows how busy life is with a 2 year old and a young baby. Poppy loves Sophie and walks around saying "Sophie's my best friend!" She also constantly wants to "give Sophie a little pat pat" which never fails to wake Sophie up - Poppy isn't the gentlest of patters.

Poppy still goes to nursery 2 days a week. She had her last day at my nursery today as we're moving her to one that's closer while I'm on maternity leave. I'm hoping she settles in well.

It has taken me the whole day to write this and now it's bedtime for the babies.

Here are some photos:

Leaving the hospital 
Our first photo as a family of 4 :)
Poppy making Sophie watch the lion movie (Madagascar)
Sophie loving America 
It's been a rainy spring in London... good thing Poppy has her own umbrella!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous babies, proud momma, handsome family. You are the luckiest one to get to take time for them. Just ask this Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baby! Beautiful family, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guyz see this, whats new trending...Click Here to See..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legend is on our side with a new update to Super Smash Flash, a fighting game that everyone knows. More fun and more challenging sections await you, moreover, Super Smash Flash version 5 has been developed as much as graphics in the section. Super Smash Flash 5 is your opponent and you look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I’m glad to read it.
    Website Design Ranchi

    ReplyDelete
  6. มาเด้ เป็นยังไง? เป็นส่วนประกอบของสารสกัดธรรมชาติมีทั้งยังวิตามินรวม แร่ เอนเหล้าองุ่นและก็เชลล์บรรเทา
    มีอีกทั้งพลาสเซนต้าแล้วก็คอลลาเจนโดนสารทั้งหมดควรต้องผ่านกรรมวิธีจัดแจงสูตรยาแบบ(Homeopathy)
    เป็นศาสตร์การบำบัดที่มีต้นกำเนิดมาจาก สหพันธ์สาธารณรัฐเยอรมนี โดยกานศึกษาและทำการค้นพบของหมอ ซามุเอลฮาเนมัน แก่มากยิ่งกว่า 200
    ปีโดยมีวิธีการบรรเทาว่า (ใช้สิ่งที่คล้ายคลึงกันมารักษาสิ่งที่คล้ายคลึงกัน) หรือการนำเอาสารที่เป็นต้นเหตุของอาการนั้นๆ


    มาเด้
    มาเด้ หน้าใส
    ฉีดมาเด้ ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  7. ศัลยกรรมตาสองชั้น
    • 1.กรีดหนังตา เป็นแนวทางที่รู้จักกันดีกับกระบวนการทำตาสองชั้น หรือจะเรียกว่าวิธีมาตาฐานก็ว่าได้ เพราะว่ามีผู้กระทำตาสองชั้นด้วยวิธีแบบนี้มีมากที่สุดเป็นอันดับแรกเลยเดียว
    • 2.การเจาะรูหรือบางที่เรียกกรรมวิธีเย็บจุด เป็นการไม่ต้องกรีดหนังตาแต่ว่ากลายเป็นการเจาะรูเล็กๆที่กลีบตาห่างกัน 3-4 จุด สามารถเอานำไขมันส่วนเกินออกได้ แล้วหลังจากนั้นกระทำการเย็บเงื่อนไหมไปตามแนวเส้นที่ได้กำหนดไว้กับกล้ามเนื้อตา จะก่อให้กำเนิดเป็นตาสองชั้นขึ้น จุดแข็งคือไม่ก่อให้เกิดรอยแผลเป็น และก็มีการบวมช้ำเพียงแค่เล็กๆน้อยๆ
    • 3.การเลเซอร์ คือการใช้เลเซอร์คลื่น plasma ยิงไปที่หนังตาทำให้มีหนังตา 2 ชั้นขึ้นมาอย่างสบาย ถึงจะเจ็บจี๊ดเกือบจะร้องไห้ แต่ว่าลักษณะเด่นก็คือทิ้งแผลเอาไว้น้อยมาก ใช้เวลาพักฟื้นน้อยมาก ดำรงชีวิตธรรมดาได้แทบโดยทันที


    มาเด้
    มาเด้ หน้าใส
    ฉีดมาเด้ ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  8. ศัลยกรรมจมูก
    จะต้อง ทำจมูก เนื่องจาก จมูกเป็นศูนย์กลางของบริเวณใบหน้าอันเป็นตัวบ่งชี้มิติความสวยบนบริเวณใบหน้าของคุณ โดยปกติจมูกที่สวย (Perfect Nose) นั้นต้องงาม กลมกลืนตั้งแต่ดั้งถึงปลายจมูก และก็รูปร่างของปีกจมูกที่ประกอบกันได้สวยสดงดงามพอดีในทุกมิติของการมอง สิ่งจำเป็นที่สุดของการศัลยกรรมจมูกนั้น เป็นการปรับตกแต่งรูปร่างของจมูก เสริมจมูก เพื่อออกมารับกับบริเวณใบหน้าสูงที่สุด โดยอยู่บนฐานรากองค์ความรู้เรื่องสรรำไพทยาของจมูก และก็ความชำนาญของศัลยแพทย์ เพื่อบริเวณใบหน้าของคุณงามเด่นขึ้นมา

    เลเซอร์หน้าใส
    เลเซอร์ลดริ้วรอย
    เลเซอร์รอยสิว

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like you're from London this is amazing blog. I am very happy to visit your blog. I share my knowledge for blog through. For more detail visit free PSN gift card codes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute family. I like your post.
    Beat software development company in ranchi,
    webarshi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often iTunes Gift card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome article! It is in detail and well-formatted that I enjoyed reading. which helped me to get new information from your blog. I am sharing related topic which is most important for How to get Free Robux safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really appreciate your article. the post has excellent tips which are useful. this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information How To Get Gta 5 On Android Phone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I genuinely enjoy reading on this internet site, it contains wonderful posts. “Don’t put too fine a point to your wit for fear it should get blunted.” by Miguel de Cervantes.
    in the internet world some topics are most relevent and followings are that topic.
    Free Robux
    How to get free Robux
    Get Free Robux
    FREE ROBUX ROBLOX
    Earn Free Robux - Redeem Instantly
    Free Robux - Earn
    Earn Free Robux
    free robux websites
    earn robux today
    free robux codes
    Free​ Roblox ​Robux
    all are for free.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome article! It is in detail and well formatted that i enjoyed reading. which inturn helped me to get new information from your blog. I am sharing related topic which is mostly important for What are the uses of Credit Card Generator?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was very impressed by this post. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job! click here
    visit here

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully written,
    soulful read! thanks for sharing.click here Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really appreciate your article. the post has excellent tips which are useful. this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information. And you can also check a software Winrar for protecting your files and data from damage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good blog. I must apreciate your efforts. Written in positive manner and in easy to understand language. And you can check winrar a software for Creating self-extract files and Backup your files. Winrar
    visit here

    ReplyDelete