15 May 2013

Volleyball and stuff.

Holy cow I didn't actually think it was possible to be this stressed out!  Turns out writing a dissertation, planning a wedding (in less than 6 months), apartment hunting, and being really poor all at the same time can be a bit overwhelming!  But we'll survive :)  Wedding planning is coming along nicely.. it's a good thing I have Momma Keys in America or this would be so much harder!

My dissertation is not coming along so nicely because let's be honest - wedding planning is so much more exciting than dissertation writing!  I suppose it has to be done though.

I've also been playing in the All Nations volleyball tournament.  It started last weekend and ends this weekend.  It's a tournament open to everyone in London.. you enter to play for your home country.  Unfortunately, there weren't enough Americans to make a team this year (come on America.. the Canadians managed to make a team!?).  So I'm on a team called Oceans - which is basically a group of people from countries who didn't fit into other categories.  We also got the ugliest coloured jerseys - orange. Honestly. It's good fun though and I'm happy with my team! GO OCEANS!
My team :)

Pretending to keep score.. we were really just chatting!

Me serving :)

That's all really.  My final thought is that British people really like naming places after body parts.  I thought it was just Queens and Kings (Queen's Head, King's Arms, etc.) but then I found this place in Bank...
Pope's Head Alley.  So weird.

Back to emailing 6 million wedding photographers :)


1 comment:

  1. Jamey Williams23 July, 2013 05:14

    It’s amazing that you can handle even though it is hard juggling a lot of things. I think playing volleyball can really help on how to write a phd dissertation, because it would help relieve some stress cause by writing it. Anyway, I do hope everything would work for you!

    ReplyDelete