17 July 2013

Random London Stuff

We didn't have this commercial in the UK but I heard about it through the grapevine.  I can't actually believe that anyone found anything about this Cheerios commercial offensive, but apparently they did. And I think the children's reactions are so refreshing and perfect. I especially love the little girl in the teal shirt talking about George Washington. So cute!


Anywho. I'm making serious progress on my dissertation!  I've surpassed the 10,000 word mark, which means I'm in the home stretch (almost).  If you're my friend and have any knowledge of juvenile corrections, research methods, education, post-graduate writing, the English language, etc. and would like to have a crack at proofreading it, please let me know! It could use all the extra eyes it can get!  Fair warning, it's 22 pages single-spaced at the moment and will just get longer over the next few days. But an interesting read I think (obviously I'm a little biased).

I haven't been doing many exciting things lately to write about.  I've been taking some random photos around London but they aren't very exciting..
This is a tiny Mini Cooper that got pulled over or in an accident or something. It was just the most British car I've ever seen! It's hard to see but it even had Union Jacks' on the rearview mirrors.

Old London meets New London

Ginormous cruise ship docked next to the HMS Belfast. I've never seen a cruise ship on the Thames before! They must have opened Tower Bridge (it's a drawbridge) to let it through because it's massive.

Another view.

As I was taking this photo, a guy on a bike asked me if I would take his picture while he jumped off the bridge we were standing on........ luckily he was kidding because I was not up to talking someone down from the ledge of London Bridge!

Finally, I want to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Kelsey on her engagement!  I can't wait to hear all about the planning and how stressed out you are :) 

Back to work! I need another 1000 words written today!

No comments:

Post a Comment