13 October 2013

DISSERTATION GRADE! and Mat's chalkboard

Most important news this week - I got a B+ on my dissertation!  Which means this girl officially has a Master's Degree!  And I think I'll be graduating with merit as well :) Very proud of myself!

Baby is growing.  Our picture-taking session was quite stressful this morning because I was having a hard time looking pretty and we just couldn't get a good angle on the belly. Poor Mat was ready to kill me.  

Mat did the board this week... he thinks it's the best board ever (I beg to differ!).  Here he is, hard at work!

The picture on the bottom is supposed to mean that Baby is the size of an ear of corn.  Such a kind and artistic fiancé I have! :)
For the record, he doesn't really call me fat.  He tells me I'm beautiful and skinny and amazing all the time :) He just thought the board was funny!

We had a lovely weekend this weekend.  I went out to celebrate a friend's engagement on Friday night. I have to say going out to a busy bar in London with a belly is quite stressful (lots of elbows flying around).. and everyone stares at you! 

Mat and I had a relaxing Saturday.  We did a bit of shopping then went out to dinner in Canary Wharf to celebrate my dissertation grade.  We ate at a fancy restaurant called Plateau in Canada Square and it was beautiful!  And very good food!  Then we went across the street for some wine/mocktails at Parlour, which is owned by the same company Mat works for.  Here's my handsome date with his wine and me with my mocktail!


I made myself this beautiful bolognese sauce the other day.  Who knew it was so easy to make such yummy sauce!  It's fine to be jealous.

This is what the sky has looked like in London the last few days.  Cloudy, rainy and cold! I didn't even change the colour on the photo at all.  Just so gloomy.

The girls from my MA programme threw me a baby shower today.  A bit of miscommunication led me to have to race across London on the tube, train and in a cab to get there and I was still an hour and a half late!  However, it was still a lovely day! We played shower games and Baby got lots of good presents.  Thanks Dasha and Aileen for hosting!

That's all I have to report this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment