11 December 2012

Lost wallet and more bad stuff.

Here's how my day has been....

Mat was up sick all night, bless his little cotton socks!  I feel so bad for him. He still hasn't gotten out of bed :(

However, because he was up all night, so was I.  Then I was late for work this morning.  Then, the little girl I was babysitting knocked over a glass of chocolate milk, spilling it all over her dad's cashmere scarf and onto the off-white carpet in their rented apartment that they're moving out of tomorrow. Seriously?

Then, little girl and I are going out for lunch.  We walk by a pharmacy and I stop to buy Mat some medicine, only to realise I'd forgotten my wallet at their apartment. So we walk all the way back to the apartment, get my wallet, throw it in the stroller's basket, back to the pharmacy to pay........ and my wallet's not there. It's amazing. I have no idea what happened to it!  One minute it was in the stroller basket, the next it was gone.  It either fell out when we went over a curb or someone stole it. No idea. I retraced our steps 3 times to no avail.  So now I'm wallet-less.  Very convenient since I'll be flying back to America in 3 days.

Now I'm home, trying to cancel my credit cards.  I've been on hold with Barclays for approximately 25 minutes now trying to cancel my debit card.  You can't do it online and they're "experiencing high call volumes." Fair enough Barclays, but while you're experiencing high call volumes, someone in South Kensington is probably using my card to buy a new laptop.

COME ON.

To top it all off, Mat and I have tickets for a play tonight but he's too sick to go. And all 2 of my friends are busy.  So looks like I'll be going solo!

I just need today to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment