03 February 2013

Subway.. and Hampton Court Palace

So everyone knows how much I love Subway, right? If you don't know, I really love Subway.

I just had a Subway sandwich from the Subway down the road from my flat and I was not impressed. Let me tell you why.

1. No flatbread. Honestly. It's 2013. Get some flatbread English Subway.
2. They didn't let me choose my cheese OR whether I wanted to toast my sandwich - they just did it.  What if I wanted a cold sammie, huh?
3. No Cold-Cut Combo.
4. You only get 1 cookie with your meal. Who only needs 1 cookie!? I definitely need two cookies.
5. They have odd curry flavoured sandwiches.  Who goes to Subway for a curry sandwich!?  There are 6 million (I'm not exaggerating.. there are at least 300 per square mile) curry and take-away places around that probably do much better curries and ethnic foods than Subway ever will.

Needless to say, I miss American Subway.  If someone wants to box up and mail me a 6 inch cold-cut on flatbread with lettuce, pickles and a little bit of ranch, that would be great!

On a happier note, I've finally found a replacement for apples.  I have a bit of an apple obsession, but can't really eat them because I have a bad jaw ($5000 to fix.. I'll suffer a little longer!).  Makes it really painful to bite into and chew apples, but I've still been eating at least 2 a day.. until now!  I found these yummy dried apples to eat instead! Not quite as crunchy and refreshing, but they'll do the job.

Amanda and I spent the day at Hampton Court Palace yesterday.  It was beautiful, but really cold!  We got free tickets because some girl in line in front of us accidentally bought 2 extra tickets.. how you manage to buy two extra tickets that are £15 each I have no idea but it worked out in our favour.  We did an audio tour, learned a lot, and then drank some tea to warm ourselves up.  I didn't take many pictures but here are a couple!
Outside the palace entrance

From in the inside courtyard looking out the entrance.  Such a pretty day at a pretty palace!

The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment