06 August 2013

Blogging.

I am blogging to avoid finishing my dissertation. I'm SO close.  13,849 words finished.. I need to get to 14400 at least but I just can't find the motivation to do those last 600 words!  I will be spending most of today in the library so hopefully it will be finished by tonight.

In other news, Baby is 14 weeks today.  My stomach is definitely starting to look a little bit pregnant.. not enough that strangers have started rubbing it or people have started giving up their seats on the Tube for me, but just enough that I can't button my jeans.  Also, I want to eat fried chicken for every meal.  Literally, every meal.  I have been practicing some serious self control or else I'd probably have gained an extra 10 pounds by now!
I realise this is an awful photo all around. Here's the story with the chalkboard. Basically it's a really cheap chalkboard (costs £10) and we write on it with chalkboard pens.  To erase them, you have to use cleaning spray.. which has also rubbed off the chalkboard.  So it's useless now.  We're going to get some chalkboard paint and paint it but we haven't had time yet!  So next week we should be back to cute chalkboard weekly updates.  But for this week, a piece of paper had to do :)

Mat and I went to Dorking this weekend to get out of London for a few days.  We hung out with Mat's family and friends and had a nice relaxing weekend!  And I hung out with my BFF's Alfie and Easy :)  I think I need a dog....


There was a huge bike ride (think 50,000 cyclists) going from London to Surrey (where Dorking is) on Sunday so all the roads were closed and there were cyclists going through town all day.  It was 100 miles from London to Surrey and back to London - pretty impressive ride!  I couldn't do it!  And even though that cloud looks quite menacing, it was actually a beautiful day.


I've decided to try a new library to finish off my dissertation so I've started going to the Senate House Library.  Because King's is part of the University of London Union, we can use other ULU libraries for free! It's nice to have a change of scenery.


For the final photo, here's a blue chicken (rooster? cockerel? one of those) in Trafalgar Square. I have no idea why it's there.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment