15 September 2013

Halfway there!


We're halfway there!  20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go!  People say they feel like their pregnancy goes by so quickly but I feel like I've been pregnant for ages already.  I'm sure the next 20 weeks will go by faster than the first 20 because we'll be so busy getting married and stuff :)
Our next scan is on Friday.. very exciting!  Baby's been kicking but just tiny little flutters.  Mat is annoyed he can't feel them yet but I'm sure Baby will be kickboxing in there hard enough for him to feel pretty soon!

Anywho, here's my photo this week:

Mat was feeling left out so here's his baby bump photo:
His bump is not quite as large as mine :)

We went to Stratford today to do some actual shopping and some window shopping for Baby.  We're not quite ready to invest in anything except one pack of plain white onesies but we did have a look at the insane amount of baby things available for purchase.  I see many trips to this store in Mat's future :) Too bad we haven't won the lottery yet!

This is just a life-sized chess board outside the shopping centre.

Before we went shopping, we went on the Emirates Airline.  One more thing checked off of my London bucket list!  It's basically a pod on a cable that travels across the river from North Greenwich to Royal Victoria.  I love it.  It's a short ride and you can't see much of the pretty old parts of London but it was quite cheap (you can pay for it with your oyster card because it's part of Transport for London) and a good Sunday activity!



Baby was really excited!  Kicked me a few times while we were over the river :)

O2 and Canary Wharf in the background. Ignore my tired eyes.


The weather has turned into fall finally.  It's been cold and rainy and rainy and cold for the last week.  Makes it difficult to want to do anything except lay on the couch!  Work has been exhausting.  I keep thinking I'll go do yoga or something when I finish but I get done and just come home and sit cause I'm too tired to function.  I suppose I should get used to the tiredness!

Amanda went back to America yesterday.  Womp womp :(

I'm going to end this post with a gripe about living in this country: everything closes SO early.  We live next to a "24-hour grocery store" that closes at 1 am every night and is only open 11-5 on Sundays.  And the little shopping mall near us has "late-night shopping" on Thursday nights - open until 8 pm.  British people - 8 pm is NOT late night shopping.  And Sundays are awful because there's a law that nothing can be open longer than 6 hours so everything is open 11-5 or 12-6 and that's it.  So if you run out of milk at 7 pm on a Sunday you are out of luck!

That's about all I know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment