24 September 2013

I love Mat.

This post will be completely unrelated to Baby (okay just the beginning part because I can't write a whole post without talking about the human being growing inside me).

I am going to take a few minutes to talk about how amazing Mat is.  I'm not usually one for harping on about him and I'm not very nice to him usually but he really is extraordinary.  Here are a few nice things he's done for me this week...

1. I work full-time now (on top of growing a life) and I'm having a hard time keeping the house liveable - it looks like a tornado went through .. so Mat got up early before work today and cleaned the kitchen, washed all the dishes, and tidied the living room - so nice to come home to a clean house!
2. He ate the gross part of the ice cream bar last night and let me eat the good part :)
3. He let me eat the inside of his pop tart because I don't like the crust (notice a pattern here - I'm a pain in the ass).
4. He fixed the heating in our house so Baby and I don't freeze to death.
5. He makes the bed every day (unless I'm still sleeping in it)! Every single day!

I could keep going but I won't bore you.  It's safe to say that I'm really annoying and he's the most tolerant, patient, helpful, loving human being I've ever met.  I think I'll keep him around for the next 50 or so years!  Also, look how cute he is when he sleeps :)


Now onto Baby.

We had our 20 week scan on Friday and it went really well!  Baby was happy and healthy and stubborn - kept hiding that pretty face from the camera.  Baby has two eye sockets, and normal sized arms, legs, tummy and head.  We kept strong and didn't find out the sex, and Baby was so happy and healthy that we don't need to have any more ultrasounds (provided everything continues to go smoothly).  Which means no more chances for us to cave and find out the sex :) 

I'm sure you all saw the bump photo on facebook but here it is again.  Baby is big enough now that I'm getting a very sore back (and I'm sure there's lots to look forward to in the lower back pain department in the next few months)!

This is Baby's hospital (along with the other 1100 babies who will be born there this year).  If you turn 180 degrees, you get a beautiful view of Parliament and Big Ben... and the river is such a lovely shade of murky brown :) 

I was reunited with an old friend today in London.  What are the odds that two girls who live on the same army post in 5th grade and then go their separate ways will end up attending the same university for Master's degrees in London?!  It is a smaller world than we realise!

That's all I have to report I think.  It's past 10 pm which is way past Baby's bedtime so I'm off to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment