01 September 2013

Ramen noodles and Week 18

We're in week 18 now.  Had a midwife appointment last week and got to hear Baby's heartbeat. Very exciting!  Mat and I have been pretty adamant about not finding out the sex of the baby but as the date of the ultrasound draws nearer (September 20), we find ourselves wavering.. maybe we should just find out and not tell anyone? Those of you who know me know it's physically impossible for me to keep a secret so that will never happen.  I think we'll stick with our original plan of not finding out but the anticipation is killing me already!

Our weekly photoshoots with the chalkboard may look cute, but they are not cute in real life.  They mostly consist of me yelling at Mat for not taking a good picture and him trying to capture my ugliest faces.  It usually takes about 15 minutes, which is ridiculous.  Anywho, I decided to share the cute one, and another gem from this week's photoshoot :)  
The board has music notes because Baby can hear music now! Also, please note Mat's painting job.  He thinks it looks rustic :)

See? There were about 20 of these.. and pictures of me lunging at Mat to take the phone to see if he was taking any good photos.

Nothing else to report about Baby this week.  I haven't felt him/her moving yet but I also don't know what it will feel like so I've probably just missed it!  Or maybe Baby is just lazy and isn't kicking :)

One of the perks of living in London is the plethora of restaurants we have.  No matter what kind of food we want to eat, there is a good restaurant somewhere in London with that kind of food.  For the last few months we've been meaning to go to Bone Daddies, which is a ramen bar in Soho/Chinatown. People, this ramen is NOTHING like the ramen you buy for 20 cents in Wal-Mart.  This is magical noodley brothy goodness.  And they give you a bib to eat it :)  It's my new favourite place.
Mat's.

Mine and Mat's.  Mine was made with 20-hour pork bone broth.  It was literally heaven in my mouth.


Finally, here is what my Saturday night has been reduced to.  His and hers "wine".. if Mat was nice he would drink sparkling grape juice with me but he won't.


And here's another picture of the Shard.  I live near the Shard now and it's such a photogenic landmark that I take pictures of it all the time.

Finally, there was a minor crisis at Canada Water station (our tube station) today.  I was in Canary Wharf, just one stop away at the grocery store.. and when I tried to get on the tube to go home it kept saying "This train is not stopping at Canada Water due to a suspicious parcel."  Naturally I was annoyed because it took me ages to get home on the bus.. they let the train go through Canada Water but it didn't stop.  And there were helicopters and police everywhere in Canada Water.  It is a bit refreshing to know that Americans are not the only people who go into a panic about an unattended parcel though (also, how British of them to say parcel instead of package).

That was my excitement for the day.  Mat and I are cooking dinner now and being productive.  I'm at work full-time next week (finally) so trying to get things sorted out before I have absolutely no time!

That's all I know today!

No comments:

Post a Comment