02 December 2013

Busy busy busy!

I was hoping life would calm down and get a bit less stressful after the wedding and reception were over but no such luck!  I shouldn't complain because I'm much happier when I'm busy but I could use an entire day in my bed!  Although, saying that, I did spend most of my birthday in a horizontal position because Baby was crushing my sciatic nerve (or else I just pulled a muscle or something) and I couldn't move.. not exactly how I wanted to ring in 25 but Mat took good care of me :)  I've dropped down to 4 days a week at work to reduce all the bending and lifting (babies are heavy!) so that should help the back pain.. and I'm going to physio next week.  On a happier birthday note, Momma sent me a parcel full of baby things and a brand new diaper bag (that's the cutest thing ever.. I might start carrying it now).  Thanks Momma Bear!

We've decided we're moving in January (not to America (yet), just to a different flat in London) because the flat we're in is just too small to fit a baby.  There is literally not an inch of extra space for a crib, changing table, buggy, or other baby things.  So I've spent the last week frantically looking for a new flat and trying to convince our landlord to let us leave our lease early (which he has kindly agreed to do!).  After a weekend spent viewing flats and apartments, we've found one!  It's 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and has SO much more room than the flat we're in now.  We may need to not eat for a few months to afford it but who needs food?

We've also started the spouse visa application process for me (I'm on a student visa now that expires in January).  It's super easy and straightforward……. SIKE! The application form is 52 pages long and you need about a million different documents and it costs an absolute fortune.  My life would be so much easier if Mat was just American (with a British accent of course)!

This past Saturday was spent writing and addressing thank you cards.  Luckily I have a handy dandy stamp so I don't have to write our return address on every single envelope! Just because I've written them and addressed them doesn't mean you'll be getting them soon.. I still need to find time to buy postage and take them to the post office!  Baby steps...


I've been making good use of one of my favourite wedding presents lately.  I've gone most of my pregnancy without drinking much tea but I've needed it the last few weeks!   Props to Abby Tina for making me this pretty mug :)

Now for Baby.  I think my bump has hit a growing plateau because it doesn't seem much bigger this week than it has in the last few weeks (NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT).  I saw the midwife last week and everything was just fine and Baby's been kicking like a maniac.  

Now for the chalkboard.  Mat thinks I'm not creative enough with my chalkboards so he wanted to do it this week.  Different sources said different things for Baby's size now so we went with a pineapple (mostly because it's easy to draw).  So Mat starts doing the chalkboard and from the kitchen I hear "Allie…. how do I draw a fetus?"….. I wish I was joking.  He actually drew a fetus.


We had Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday at Mat's parent's house in Dorking.  I made stuffing and we had turkey and a plethora of vegetables and it was all really yummy!  It's always nice to get back to Dorking to see everyone and have some family time with my new family :)  

However, the journey back was a nightmare.  We couldn't get the train straight back so we had to change in Clapham.. which was fine.  But the second train we got on went about 100 feet outside the station and stopped. And sat there… for 20 minutes. Then moved to the next station and stopped and sat there…. for 10 minutes.  After that they said the train was terminating at that station (not even close to where we were trying to go) so we had to get a cab home.. and it cost us £25.  VERY annoying!  Times like that I really miss having a car!

That's it for now! I'm off to do laundry and dishes and clean.  Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment