28 April 2013

Engaged! :)

As I'm sure you've all heard, Mat popped the question yesterday!

Here's the story:
We went to brunch at Barbecoa, which is a restaurant we've been wanting to go to for a while now.  We ate our brunch, drank a cocktail or two with our tea. Mat was planning on proposing there and then....
The fire alarm went off. And we had to evacuate the building.  We got free brunch but Mat's proposal plan for the morning was ruined.

Then we went shopping in Covent Garden because Mat needed a new suit jacket for work.  In the process of holding his jacket for him to try new ones on, I felt the lump of the ring box in his jacket pocket :) Oops! 

For the rest of the afternoon then I was dragging him to picturesque places and patiently waiting for him to get down on one knee!  He finally popped the question in the courtyard outside Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Very picturesque indeed!

The ring is absolutely perfect.  It's platinum and from the 1920s and not too big and so pretty.  My only ring requirements were that it's old and not too big so he did a fantastic job :)  The only problem is I can't get it over my knuckle!  We're going to get it sized on Tuesday.

Here are some pictures.




As for all the burning questions:
No we don't know where the wedding will be.
Yes it's a logistical nightmare.
No we haven't set a date.  
We do have the added pressure of my impending visa expiration date though!


I think that covers it :)

Finally, thank you for all the congratulations!

1 comment: