24 April 2013

Safe London

One of the things I love the most about London is how safe it is.  I walk home from the tube at night by myself and never feel uncomfortable.  Obviously there are some creepy people and some drunks, but I don't ever feel like I'm in any danger from gangs or guns or anything.  I love it.  Here's an article about how safe England actually is!  I'm not even going to bring up the gun debate because I like you all and I want to continue liking you :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22275280

I've been working out like a crazy person for the last two days.  I went to All Nations training on Sunday (which is going to be really fun!  It's a volleyball tournament you enter and they put you on teams based on your nationality.  There's always an American team but this year there weren't enough players for an America team - COME ON AMERICA! - so I'm on the Oceans team.  Basically any country connected to an ocean, including America, Nigeria, Romania. In any case, it will be fun!  We play over two weekends in May - if you're in London, come watch!)

Anyway, then  I went to my first spin class on Monday, volleyball practice Monday night, stretch and tone class on Tuesday, then volleyball again on Tuesday night.  Needless to say my body is sore. Really sore.  I was supposed to go to Body Pump class this morning but I just couldn't do it! I'll make up for it tomorrow by going to Pure Core (which literally sounds like the worst thing ever - my core is like jello).

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL in London the last few days.  I spent most of the day yesterday doing my reading on the roof terrace in the sunshine.  I even got a little sunburn!
View from the roof :) And Mat's little herb garden! The neighborhood cats think it's a litter box so we need a net. Annoying.
The flowers Mat got me last week are finally all blooming! I love lilies :)  And they smell amazing!

Right, off to class shortly.  Then to spend some hours in the library I think.  I've only managed to write like 300 words of my 6000 word paper.  6000 words is just so many! Wahhhhhh. At least it's our last paper (if you don't count our dissertations which I can't even think about because it makes my brain hurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment