21 April 2013

Some boring stuff.. and some other stuff.

I just read this article on CNN and I like it. You don't have to like it, but I do. And this is my blog :)  It's well-written, concise, and speaks the truth about the realities children face in schools in America today.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/19/opinion/lyles-columbine/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

Not much to report in my life!  I haven't done any school work since Thursday, which is completely unacceptable but I've lost the will to be productive.  It doesn't help that I'm still a bit jet-lagged (the time change is so much harder coming to England than it is going to America) and Mat's been off work this weekend so we've been hanging out before he starts his new job tomorrow.

I haven't been taking good photos either but here's what I've got.
This is an elephant on the wall at the entrance of the Jubilee line in Waterloo Station.  I don't know why it's there or how I've never noticed it before!

Mat bought me flowers just because he loves me :) And a new watch (because I lost mine)!

This is the London Marathon on TV....

And this is the London Marathon out the window of the train :) I had to brave the Marathon crowds to get to volleyball today and it was an absolute nightmare! But kudos to everyone who ran, all 37000 of them!

That's it. I told you, nothing exciting.  Tomorrow I'm going to my first ever spin class and then spending the entire day working on this essay (because it's now due in 2 and a half weeks.. yikes!).

2 comments:

  1. wait...you forgot to mention your newly acquired Kiwi nationality???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man that was such a big milestone in my life! I'll make sure to add it next post :)

    ReplyDelete