19 November 2012

Sick sick sick

I'm alive!  I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the weekend.  The little boy I babysit had a stomach bug last week and I finally got it on Friday night.  I spent a solid 8 hours throwing up Friday night-Saturday morning.  Saturday I could barely get out of bed and I was really really dehydrated.  Luckily I have an amazing boyfriend who brought me medicine and made me chicken noodle soup - right before he got sick too!  Seriously. Our house was gross this weekend.  On the bright side, I probably lost 5 pounds!

This post is going to have lots of pictures of food, so it looks like we've been busy eating.. but we haven't.  We made stuff and didn't really eat it (except the chicken noodle soup - we ate that).  I've only eaten one meal since Friday night.

Dorking is pretty in the fall :)

Chris came to visit on Friday!  They decided to make pasta - at 11 pm.  This went on for about 3 hours! 

Putting filling in the ravioli - Pumpkin, parsnip and turmeric.

Pasta take two!  Ravioli was finished and they had a lot of extra pasta dough.. so they decided to get fancy and make tortellini.

So proud of themselves :)
Shortly after this photo, the throwing up began and didn't stop until the next morning.  Then I couldn't get out of bed all day on Saturday.  

Sunday - 
Mat was ill on Sunday.. and he apparently lost all fashion sense while he was ill.  We were going to go grocery shopping and he puts this outfit on.  What is wrong with him?! 

We didn't buy this monopoly because it was £25, but we bought regular Monopoly (which has British properties - Mayfair instead of Boardwalk, etc.)

Then we had a little game night since neither of us were well enough to do anything except sit in the living room!

Now for the food!
Chicken noodle soup.

Almond Macaroons ready for the oven!

Yum!  I don't like almonds so they weren't my favourite but pretty good!  Maybe Mat should consider a career as a pastry chef :)

We also made these little gems - peppermint cremes with chocolate filling.  So yummy! They didn't even require any baking.  Just mix cream cheese, icing sugar and peppermint extract, then melt chocolate and pipe it in the centre.  

I had to work this morning (which was the first thing I've really done since Friday).  It was good!  Little Maximilian isn't sick anymore so he was in a great mood.  We did have to walk 274504 miles and I was pretty confident I wasn't going to make it.  I suppose my body isn't quite recovered from losing all those fluids.  I need to drink a gallon of water today!

I'm off to work again this afternoon, then meeting Mat for dinner in Hampstead Heath.  I'll definitely be getting an early night tonight and then spending the whole day in the library tomorrow... the joys of being a Master's student :)

No comments:

Post a Comment