14 November 2012

Wine tasting

Here's how my day is going -
- Woke up with a stomach ache.
- Attempted to make french toast and spilled half the jar of cinnamon in it.  Literally, half the jar.  Needless to say it wasn't good (even after scraping cinnamon off the top).
- Lost my Oyster card on the tube (you can't get out of the tube station without an Oyster card or ticket) so I had to smile sweetly at the man in the assistance desk to let me out.  Then I had to call Oyster and they charge £10 to replace it!  Annoying.
- Went to a meeting with my supervisor about my dissertation which consisted of me saying "I don't really know what I want to do.. maybe this... maybe this..." and her saying "I think you need to do some more reading." I feel like my eyes will bleed if I do any more reading than I'm already doing!

Now I have to go to class until 5, another meeting with another supervisor, then class again until 730.  Wednesdays are not good days.  While I'm doing all these things, Mat will be sitting at home doing absolutely nothing - not okay with me so I gave him a list of things to do :)

Yesterday, Amanda and I ventured to Dorking to get some fresh air (it's hard to breathe in London's pollution sometimes) and went wine tasting at Denbies (the biggest vineyard in the UK).  It was good fun and the wine was really good.  The tour was a bit dated (probably made in the 80s) - we rode on a "people mover" through the winery.  It was basically a really slow roller coaster.. and we were the only people on the tour (Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock and NO ONE else was wine tasting?! Step up your game Brits).  We did get to try the Queen's favourite wine (or so the lady said).  We weren't impressed with the Queen's palate.. our least favourite of all the wines!

Anywho.. here are some pictures from yesterday/last week.

Christmas decorations are up in Covent Garden! 

Me and my library :)

This is my library.  Mat was trying really hard to get me and the building in the picture. He's such a good photographer :)

Vineyard on a Tuesday afternoon!

Just 2 'mericans in the British countryside :)

It looked like a really gloomy day but it was actually really nice!

That's all for now :)  Off to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment