24 November 2012

Thanksgiving and stuff

Our first British Thanksgiving was a success!  We had a house full of Americans and lots of yummy food :)  I have to say 14 guests for our first attempt at cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner was a bit ambitious but we did it!  I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately.. but Naomi did so here are a few!
Turkey before it went in the oven!

Girls from University plus Amanda's friend Veronica.  Veronica flew in from New York on and overnight flight and arrived Thanksgiving morning.. and still managed to make it to Thanksgiving dinner!  What a trooper!

FOOD!

Turkey - post carving.

Yum.


So many Americans!


Keys family tradition!  When we aren't together for Thanksgiving we make a sad face plate.  My sad face plate had a bib and arms this year :)

After everyone left Mat had to make stock, of course.  This was about 1 am.

That's the end of the Thanksgiving pictures!  A good time was had by all.  I should have taken a picture of all the alcohol.. definitely more than enough for 14 people ;)  At midnight (after everyone left) Mat, Paul and I did tequila shots for my birthday (big 2-4!).. then I remembered why I don't do tequila shots. So gross! 

On my birthday Mat and I took Flat Stanley out around London!  A guy I went to college with teaches third grade in Iowa and a student from his school sent her Flat Stanley to me.  We went to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, and out for tea (doesn't get much more British than that!).  

Mat and I in Hays Galleria on my birthday. Such pretty Christmas decorations!

Flat Stanley with Tower Bridge.

After exploring London, we came home and I took a nap.  Mat made me leftover Thanksgiving dinner in bed (he's so good to me - I got breakfast and dinner in bed for my birthday).  Then we ventured back into central London to go to a comedy club in Leicester Square.  It was a successful birthday I'd say!

Today we had a volleyball tournament.  We won every game (yayyy Go King's!).  Tomorrow I'm playing with the mixed team.  It's been a volleyball filled weekend!

This is a random picture from about a month ago.  Amanda and I went exploring in Sloane Square/Chelsea/South Kensington and found this cool bridge.

Mat got me these cute slippers for my birthday :)

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so amazing! Nice work on the Thanksgiving meal. Gosh, you're getting so domesticated..who are you!? Send me your email, I canceled my fb account and I want to get in touch with you! My email is saunders.sarahann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete