28 November 2011

Full-time teaching

I've really been slacking at the blogging lately. I've just been so busy!

Recap of the last week -
Wednesday was my birthday.  Mat came down and made a big Thanksgiving dinner (complete with Poppa Keys' stuffing) and it was magical.  Thursday, I had to do a Thanksgiving assembly at school.  10 minutes before, I put my memory stick into the computer and ALL MY PLANNING WAS GONE. All of it.  Erased off my memory stick.  Kate and Megan had used it the night before and something happened and all of it was gone!  Tragic.  So I had to throw together an assembly in 10 minutes.  Then, we had a morning long workshop of all Thanksgiving/American things.  We made mini pumpkin pies, wrote thank you prayers, made American flags, made hand turkeys, and made pilgrim hats/bonnets.  The next day, I ask my kids what we made and this little girl raises her hand and goes "African flags!"... so close.

Thursday night, we had to go to Thanksgiving dinner at our supervisor's house.  That was fine.

This past weekend, I went to London to hang out with Mat on Friday.  Then Kate, Mat and I went to the Christmas Market on the South Bank in London and looked around.  Then Kate and I went shopping on Oxford Street (and managed to lose each other in the Underground, where there is no cell service) so that was interesting!  Then we met a teacher from Kate's school for a few drinks in Piccadilly Circus.

This week has already been stressful.  Full-time teaching really takes its toll, especially in a foreign country.  I feel like I'm trying so hard to get everything done, but I also want to take advantage of being in England, so I don't want to lock myself in my room and plan all the time.  It's hard to balance everything.  Also, crazy that we only have 3 weeks left!  Where has the time gone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment