21 November 2011

Past week/weekend

Time just flies by!  I can't believe it's been so long since I updated my blog!  I can't even remember anything about last week, so I won't update you about that.

This past weekend, Kate, Mat and I went to Epsom to meet up with Megan and Jamie to go out.  It was pretty fun, but not too exciting.  Saturday, Kate, Mat and I went to eat in Covent Garden, and then went ice skating in the moat at the Tower of London... yes you read that right.. ice skating in the moat at the Tower of London.  Pretty sweet, huh?  Then we walked across Tower Bridge and down the river to London Bridge (which is not very pretty, by the way).  We sat outside in a pub and drank wine while staring at the pretty London skyline.  Pretty good day =)  Sunday, Mat and I just hung out, and then I planned my life away.
Here are a few pictures...
My mother sent me my family's faces on sticks for my birthday.  They live by my bed and help me with my homework.

Mathew and I out in Epsom!
Kate and I with a Christmas tree in Covent Garden.

Ice skating rink with the Tower behind it!

Mat and I before skating.

Kate and I getting ready to dominate the ice at the Tower.

Mat and I with Tower Bridge in the background.


I started full-time teaching today and I'm already exhausted!  Also, it's Thanksgiving this week, so I have to plan an assembly to teach the whole school what Thanksgiving is (they obviously don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England).  Then, the whole school is doing a workshop where we're doing all American/Thanksgiving things (making mini pumpkin pies, hand turkeys, pilgrim hats, American flags, etc.).  Then the whole school is going to sing the song Albuquerque Turkey in the afternoon.  Should be a good day!

This week is really jam-packed.  Tomorrow night, all the teachers at my school are going out for dinner in Dorking.  Wednesday night, Mat is coming to cook Thanksgiving/birthday/going away dinner (it's Megan's last night).  Thursday, we have Thanksgiving dinner at the Educators Abroad people's house.  Friday, Tony is coming for a 4-hour observation.  It'll be a miracle if I sleep at all this week.

On that note, I'm off to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment