04 November 2011

November already!

What a crazy week it's been!

I lost my wallet in London last weekend.  So, I canceled my credit cards.  I still had my emergency card at home, BUT...... when I was cancelling my cards, I accidentally canceled my emergency card instead of the card I actually lost!  Typical, right?  So now I have about 20 pounds and 100 euros (which are no good in England) to my name.

We were supposed to be going to Paris this weekend, but we aren't going anymore.  The other girls have too much school work to do this weekend.  I'm not too bummed about it, because I've been to Paris, but it sucks we wasted all that money!  If I was brave enough, I'd just go by myself, but I'm not.  I don't want to get kidnapped.

Teaching is going just fine.  It's Guy Fawkes Day tomorrow, so we taught the children about that today.  A bit tricky since they don't know what Parliament is, or what treason means, and I didn't want to introduce them to the idea of torture and being hanged.  So we left out big chunks of the story.  They were mostly concerned about the fireworks/bonfires they'll get to see this weekend.

In 3 short weeks I'll be full-time teaching.  That is terrifying, isn't it?  I think so.

I've been hanging out with a boy (Grandpa, I know this is a shock but it's true!).  We'll see if that continues to go well (and if I can talk him into moving to America!).

Not a lot else is going on in good ol' England.  I stole Kate's Rome pictures, so they'll be up sometime this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for you to blog! You totally should just go to Paris on your own, the crepes are worth it! Sorry about your wallet, that really sucks! Hope you end up finding it somewhere? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete