15 August 2012

A little over a week until my next adventure in England starts!  I was thinking today and realized (soon I'll be spelling that with an 's' instead of a 'z') that I'm making so many huge life changes at one time..

1. Moving to another country.
2. Moving in with a boy.
3. Starting graduate school.

All very exciting developments in my life (that I'm sure will take some adjusting to..)!

I've received more information about my grad program over the past few weeks.  The syllabus has time built in for tea between 3-330 everyday - how very British of them!  I've also started reading some books on my 3-page introductory reading list.  I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of academic reading over the next 12 months!

I started the packing process today - by that I mean I watched my mom pack one of my 2 massive suitcases :)  I sent a suitcase of boots and winter clothes back with Mat when he was here in June so I should be able to fit all my belongings into 2 (very large) suitcases.  All I have left to do before I leave is sell my car, buy a new computer, finish packing, and say goodbye to all my friends and family - although hopefully it won't be too long until I'm back in the US of A for a visit.

This post is not very exciting, but soon I'll have tons of pictures and stories about my assimilation into British culture.. stay tuned! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment