28 August 2012

Tuesday.

I am all unpacked (finally!).. I managed to fit all of my clothes into our tiny wardrobe and only had to move a few of Mat's into the wardrobe in the hallway :)

Good news - our landlord emailed us yesterday and gave us permission to buy a new garbage can (ours is very broken), a new door handle (we don't have one on the back door at all) AND he's going to call someone about installing the dishwasher (that's been sitting in the kitchen for 3 weeks now).  Very exciting!  Because it's a furnished apartment, we have to ask before we throw anything away, hence the need for permission to buy new things (and he'll reimburse us too).

I managed to piss off our downstairs neighbor yesterday - oops?  I took the garbage out and didn't take keys with me.  We have 2 doors, the outside door, then the door to our apartment and the neighbor apartment (only 2 apartments in the building).  I left the doors open, but the outside door slammed shut with the wind, so I had to ring the doorbell.  I rang it twice before the guy finally came out yelling all sorts of profanities, in a towel.  I apologized but he was just not happy.  It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon.. not like it was 6 am or anything!  Needless to say we won't be having any barbecues with the neighbors :)

I went to Covent Garden yesterday to meet Mat at his restaurant for lunch.  Only my second solo tube ride ever!  Covent Garden was really busy - it was a bank holiday and the Paralympics started yesterday.  We haven't been able to get tickets.. it's nearly impossible!

Got to Skype with Momma Keys last night :)

Today is kitchen cleaning day.  I accidentally slept in until 1030 this morning so I'm having a hard time finding any motivation.  I just want to sit on the couch all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment