21 August 2012

Packing

Packing is proving to be far more difficult than I originally anticipated.  The fact that America wouldn't fit into any of my current suitcases was the stress of the day today.  We took America to the FedEx shipping place who said they could pack it and ship it..... for $250!  Outrageous.  So we went on a hunt for a larger suitcase.  I managed to knock over a whole suitcase display at JCPenney - fell just like dominoes.  After testing America in about 48530 different suitcases, we finally settled on a Samsonite that's almost as big as me.  We packed it - aka Momma Keys packed it while I watched - and weighed it.  Of course it weighs 57 pounds (50 pounds being the airport limit).  We're going to do some re-situating and see if we can fix the weight problem tomorrow.  We might even take a trip to the airport and weigh both suitcases on their scales before Thursday!

I also bought a new laptop today.. a brand spankin new MacBook Pro.  She's a beaut!  Cameron's going to take my old one and use it till it runs out of steam (which may be sooner rather than later, unfortunately for him!).

That was the excitement for the day.. only 3 more days until the big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment