29 August 2012

Wednesday

I spent all day yesterday cleaning/re-organizing the kitchen.  I mean, ALL DAY.  5 hours start to finish I think.  The problem with Mat and Paul's kitchen is that they have 1 drawer, and 5 cupboards, and enough dishes and glasses for a SMALL ARMY. Why do two men need 24 wine glasses? Or three different sets of bowls?  I don't know either, but I managed to make it all fit into their tiny kitchen.  I did spend some time laying out on the roof terrace in the afternoon - just a treat for myself after such a productive morning!

Mat and I went into Covent Garden last night and ate at Byron Hamburger.  It was probably the best burger I've ever eaten - real American burgers in the middle of London!  And semi-healthy since we had courgette (zucchini) fries instead of french fries?  I'll call that healthy :)  They also had malts.  I might go there for dinner every night!

After we got home from Covent Garden, we cleaned out the bathroom.  Apparently, Mat has a slight obsession with toiletries that was unbeknownst to me until last night.  He had two large shelves FULL of lotions and shampoos and creams and not 1, not 2, but 3 beard trimmers!  We threw a lot of stuff away and now the bathroom is beautiful.. Mat might be having second thoughts about this living arrangement though!

Mat was off today, so we ventured into Oxford Circus for a day of bedding/bathroom accessory shopping.  I know what you're thinking.. "Allie, why are you trying to scare Mat away? Do you want him to break up with you?"  The answer is maybe.......... just kidding!  I don't want him to go anywhere! I'm just trying to turn his bachelor pad into a house I can live in :)  We had a very successful shopping day!  I convinced Mat to get a shower curtain - they have half doors on their showers that just don't seem practical to me.  We also got a new duvet, duvet cover, pillows, bath mats, and towels.  We spent a ridiculous amount of money and will probably need to eat crumbs off the floor for the next few months because we won't be able to afford food.  BUT we will have a pretty house!  Also, it rained all day.  It's started to become a pattern - when Mat and I are inside, it's sunny.  When Mat and I are outside, it rains.


All of our bags :)


We came home and I made homemade sloppy joes for dinner!  While shopping for ingredients for sloppy joes, I realized that England doesn't have a massive pickle selection in the grocery store like America does.  This was literally the only jar of pickles, and they barely even call them pickles - they're "Cucumber Spears with Dill - Pickled."


In any case, the sloppy joes were amazing and Mat loved them :)  

We are now drinking wine and watching the Paralympic Opening Ceremony.  At the end, we're going to turn off the TV volume and listen to the fireworks out the window because we should be able to hear them :)



No comments:

Post a Comment