31 August 2012

Exploring (aka spending money)

I got up early and went into Covent Garden and met Mat for tea/breakfast at Canteen.  Then, I did a ton of shopping with money I don't have :)

I got myself an Oyster card holder - that makes me a real Londoner I think.  Now I don't have to drag out my whole wallet every time I touch in or out of a tube station!

I also bought a watch.  I never had use for a watch before but since I don't have a phone yet, I've found that I never have any idea what time it is.  Problem solved with my new pretty watch!

I also got a case for my computer and some postcards and souvenir-ish things to send back to America.

I seriously need a job.  Having all this free time is getting expensive!

It's "family" dinner night in our flat tonight.  Mat got a bunch of steak from whoever supplies the meat for their restaurant so we're having Mexican night - fajitas and Coronas :)

Here are some pictures from today..

Mounted police in Covent Gardent

My tube route home from Covent Garden - I get off at Finsbury Park or Holloway Road.

Mat's restaurant in Covent Garden :) Go eat there if you ever come to London!

Our room so far.  We'll have so many more decorative pillows and a new throw blanket soon.  America does look beautiful on the wall!


ALSO, I miss my mom. Someone convince here that England needs her more than America does so she'll come for an extended visit :)



No comments:

Post a Comment