24 August 2012

I live in England...

I made it to London!  My journey was pretty uneventful.  Flight to Dallas was quick.  Left Dallas on time for London.  9 hour flight.  I tried so hard to sleep but I wasn't really successful - maybe slept 2 hours?  I started reading a new book - Gone Girl - that I just couldn't stop reading!  The flight went by pretty quickly.  The line at immigration at Heathrow wasn't tooooo bad.. I waited about half an hour.  No problems getting through immigration except that my passport wouldn't scan.  I picked up my suitcases, which was no easy task!  I had to carry my backpack (at least 35 pounds) plus my carry-on bag, a 62-pound suitcase, and a 47-pound suitcase.  I was stubborn and refused to hire a person to help me so I just struggled out of baggage claim, and then made Mat carry them :) After an hour on the tube and a 15-minute walk we finally arrived at our new house (well, new to me.. not so new to Mat).  

I knew everything was going WAY too smoothly for my life.  So, of course, something had to go wrong.  I went to open my old blue suitcase and the zipper was stuck closed.  It would not unzip.  So Mat had to cut it open with a knife.  Needless to say I'll be throwing that suitcase away.  Upon opening the suitcase, I found a note that said TSA had searched my suitcase so I'm confident the broken zipper was their fault. 

Mat and I spent the day being in love.  We took a nap (I tried to hard to make it through the day without sleeping to avoid jet-lag but it was not happening), went grocery shopping, cooked dinner and hung out (and skyped with Katie and Nug!).  Doesn't sound very exciting but it is exciting to do normal things with each other after being long-distance for so long!  

Tomorrow begins wedding weekend!  We're going to Stratford Upon Avon for a wedding tomorrow afternoon, then down to Kent on Sunday for another wedding.  I will sleep like the dead come Sunday night!

That's all for now!


2 comments:

  1. so happy for you! Glad you made it safe and sound.. but the big question is how is your new "FLAT???" and is the dishwasher installed yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the dishwasher isn't installed yet :) The flat is good.. will be better in a few weeks when I'm done fixing it!

    ReplyDelete