15 December 2011

3 day week.

After 4 days off I forgot how exhausting school can be!  I also forgot how all the children's happy little faces brightens my day!  They were so excited I was back.  Apparently they've been working on "a surprise for me to take back to America" and they all couldn't wait to tell me.  A few of them almost slipped and told me what is was, but Denise stopped them.  Cute little Annabelle has been telling me every 5 minutes that I'm "still her best friend" even though I was gone for so long.  Adorable.

Mat went back to London yesterday (he was on holiday last week until yesterday).. 6 days of taking care of sick, crabby Allie and he hasn't run away yet!  There must be something wrong with him! ;)  I think he's coming to America in February, which is very exciting!

Tomorrow begins my last weekend in England!  I'm not ready to leave at all.  Obviously I miss my family and I am very excited to see them.  But, I've really fallen in love with England!  The nicest, most caring people I've ever met are at my little school in Mickleham village.  Honestly.  It's like I've acquired a few sisters and about 7 grandmas!  It's going to be so hard saying bye to all of them.  I'm awful at goodbyes anyway.  If I had it my way, I'd tell them I was leaving on Tuesday, actually leave on Monday, and send them thank-you cards in the mail.  I just hate how sad it is.

It's going to be rough saying bye to Mat as well.  It's comforting to know that I'll be seeing him in a few months, but after that is so up in the air.  I know I'll see him again.. I just don't know when!  I'm going to have to win the lottery between now and April so I can afford to come back to England then.

I haven't heard about grad schools yet.  I did learn that England is passing a law in April that will make American teaching licenses compatible with a British teaching license, so I suppose that is always an option (coming back and teaching).  I just don't know what I want to do with my life!  Sometimes I feel like that's okay, and other times I feel like I need to figure it out soon.  Oh well.  I'm pretty confident things will work out.. doesn't do any good to worry about it right now :)

I'm off to "plan" my last lesson for student teaching!  I say "plan" because we're going to play a Christmas game that is sort of numeracy based.  With 2 days of term left it doesn't make much sense to have them do any serious lessons.

Side-note: If you ever run into a British person, ask them to say "jaguar" or "zebra" and then tell them it's wrong.  I'm convinced American English is better at those two words.

No comments:

Post a Comment