07 December 2011

Update!

Last weekend - 
Mat and I just hung out on Friday night.  Saturday, Kate, Mat and I went to Westminster Abbey.  Mat was thrilled about sightseeing in London on a Saturday (siiiiike).  It costs £16 to get into Westminster Abbey!  Crazy!  We did get to hear the choir sing while we were there though, so that was good.  Mat went off to work and Kate dragged me to the British Museum.  I only say dragged because I've been there before.  We saw the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin Marbles and LOTS of Greek, Roman, and Egyptian statues.  LOTS of statues.  The Olympic medals for next year were there too, but we got lost and couldn't find them to see them.  

Here are some pictures!

Westminster Abbey.

Kate and I in the cloisters at Westminster.

We couldn't open it...

I just love this.

The expression on my face tells me that Mat was probably being annoying.

British Museum.  

Just a pretty picture of London.

Saturday night we went out in Soho in London.  Kate and I went to a pub called something Irish and met some Australians.  It was a pretty fun night.  Took us ages to get a taxi back to Mat's though.  Pretty annoying.

School is going well.  It's much more relaxed now that I'm done with my observations.  Also, our school time has been taken over by Christmas play practice, so there isn't much learning going on.  The parents have started saying things to me like "Jack sure is going to miss you when you go back to America!"  It's so sad to think that I'll be leaving in 2 weeks =(

Funny story:
Last week, Jenny (my teacher, who's 33) is helping 2 little girls (Farah and Lilly) make puppets on the carpet.

Jenny: I probably won't be able to get up cause I've been sitting on the ground so long!  I'm getting old!
Farah (completely serious): Yeah sometimes I have a hard time getting up too.  Maybe it'll be easier when I'm 6.
Me:  No I think it's all downhill from 5. 

Kids are so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment