10 December 2011

Not actually dying.

Turns out I'm not actually dying (a little dramatic, I know).  I do have tonsilitis though.  I went to an NHS walk-in centre and told them my name, and gave them Mat's address and waited for an hour and they took me back.  Then the nurse took one look in my throat, told me I had tonsilitis, went and got 3 boxes of medicine, gave them to me, and that was it.  No charge.  No heart rate checking, no getting weighed, no blood pressure.  That was it!  She did say I have blocked ears as well? Who knows. She told me to put olive oil in my ears, but I think I'll pass on that.

Now I'm teaching Mat how to make the staples of American sick diets - Chicken Noodle Soup and grilled cheese.  How can you be 27 years old and not know how to make grilled cheese?!  British people are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment