24 December 2011

Last days in England.

My last days in England were very sad.  I had to say bye to so many people!

First off - Tuesday at school with my kids.  The first thing little Isabel said to me on Tuesday morning was "Miss Keys we're never going to see you again."  So sad.  Then they kept saying things like "Miss Keys you're still my best friend forever" and "Miss Keys I might cry when you leave" and "Miss Keys I really like you."  I love them.  They had a special assembly to give me my going away gifts.  The kids made me a memory book with pictures of all of them and nice things they've said about me, and a flower thing with pictures they drew on it.  The school got me a Cath Kidston teapot with 5 matching mugs - very exciting.  And, they're going to ship it for me because they knew I couldn't get it in my suitcase!  My teacher also got me a Teacher's Survival Kit, which had things like bath soap and wine in it.  We had the nativity at the church that afternoon, and I managed to hold myself together saying bye to all the kids.  Then I had to say bye to all the teachers.. didn't hold myself together so well there.

Wednesday/Thursday - I spend Tuesday night in London with Mat.  We went to eat at Jamie's Italian in Covent Garden and then just hung out.  Wednesday we went back to Dorking and I finished packing.  We met Chris and Oliie (our host brothers) for a drink so we could say bye to them.  Thursday morning we were up at 510 to get ready to go.  Our train was at 617.  Mat came with us to the airport.  Otherwise I don't think Kate and I could've gotten all our suitcases on and off the train!  So heavy.  I said bye to Mat at the airport and that sucked, obviously.

On a plane for 10 hours to Atlanta, customs, re-check bags, wait 3 hours, on another plane to Minneapolis for 2 hours, get bags, 5 hour drive to Madison, finally home at midnight (6 am England time).. full 24 hours of travelling.

Also, my tonsillitis is back, so I had to go to the doctor yesterday.  They gave me different medicine, so hopefully that works this time!

That's all for now.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment