29 December 2011

America and grown-up life

I've been back in America for less than a week now, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.  It was nice seeing all my family at Christmas, and being back in familiar territory.  I'm also glad to have a car again!  That being said, I'm missing British life.  I miss Mat, and I miss British accents, and I miss having school to go to every day, and I miss hopping on the train to London, and I miss walking a million miles a day.

I'm also feeling very overwhelmed with my job/school search.  If you know me, you know I'm a control freak (yes, I'll admit it).  I hate not knowing about whether I got into grad school or not, because I can't plan the rest of my life without knowing whether I got in or not!  Very stressful.  I've been interviewing for teaching jobs in America at child care centers, but I'm not sure I want to commit to a job like that if I'm going to be leaving this summer to go back to England for school.  VERY STRESSFUL.  I just want someone to give me a non-commital, full-time, minimal responsibility job that pays well... is that too much to ask?!

Here are some final pictures from England:
My final display of student teaching!  The children all made moving pictures of rocking horse land.

Mat and I's final train ride of my time in England =(

Randy's new pool table!  I think it was secretly a welcome home present for me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment