11 September 2012

Camden


Today was so much better than yesterday!  I got up and did some job hunting, then did my pre-registration paperwork for King's College.

Then I went exploring!  I took the tube to Camden.  Halfway through my journey I remembered it was 9/11.. and I was instantly nervous/scared about being underground and using public transportation.  An irrational fear, I know, but I'm going to take the bus for the rest of the day.

Camden High Street is an odd place.  When I called Mat before I went and told him where I was going he said "Don't get killed..." Such comforting advice.  I have to say I didn't remove my hand from my purse a single time I was there because I was sure I was going to get pick pocketed.  That being said, they did have some cool shops.  I bought a shirt and some jewelry in a little vintage store, and spent way too much time looking at books in bookstores (even with a Kindle I can't help buying actual books!).  I only took a few pictures..

Like I said, it's an odd place. I didn't go inside this store.


 You could buy everything from hookahs and bongs to flashing t-shirts to London souvenirs in this market.. you could also get your tattoos removed!

I'm heading down to Waterloo in a little while to meet Mat for dinner at Wahaca (I'm obsessed).. then we're going to find a sports bar or something to watch the England v. Ukraine game.  

Also, the guy in the little shop down the road managed to unlock my American phone so I don't have to use the ultra cheap British one I bought!  VERY exciting!

In clsoing, today I'm thinking of all those who lost someone on that awful day 11 years ago. Never forget.. 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment