22 September 2012

Knock-Knock

After my two blog posts yesterday, I spent the day buying a printer (that weighed a million pounds and was huge) and carrying it home from the store (my arms are really sore today).  Then I went to the library on campus to check out some books.. only to realise that all the books on my reading list have already been checked out (fantastic).  Then I met Mat and Paul and we went for a drink, then came home.  We hung out and watched TV for a while, Paul's friend came over. Mat and I went to bed around midnight.  About an hour later, we get a knock on our bedroom door - not the front door, our bedroom door. At 1 am.  I assumed it was Paul, so I said come in. And who comes in? ....................... 

a London Metropolitan Police Officer.

Awkward.

Apparently when Paul's friend left he didn't close the door to our apartment all the way.  The police were going to our neighbour's house for a domestic disturbance call or something (so the neighbours opened the outside door for them), saw our apartment door open, and came in.

Such a disconcerting experience.  

I'm now going to triple-check the door every night before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment