17 September 2012

Picture post

I'm not going to write a long post about the last few days because there's just too much to write!  So I'm just posting pictures from the Olympics and other miscellaneous things today.

Walking into the Excel Centre to watch Boccia/Sitting Volleyball.


China v. GB - Sitting Volleyball




Warming up.



Boccia.  The GB player did not win.  Seriously, China is good at EVERYTHING.

Waiting for the train home.

Walking into Olympic Park in Stratford.

The boyfriend.

Us with the Olympic Torch.


Javelin.

After they threw the javelin, the volunteer would get the javelin and put it in the back of this mini Mini. The Mini would drive it back to where the athlete was. AWESOME.


Just an American getting a gold medal :)

Wheelchair racing.



Mathew with Olympic Stadium.

Union Jack with the Olympic Torch.

Mat.

So cool to see in person.  It radiates a lot of heat!

Visually impaired runners with their guides.  This year, the guides got medals as well.  They do all the same training and put in as much work as the athletes.

The guides line the runners up in the starting blocks, keep them in their lanes, and talk to them throughout the race.


Olympic Stadium.

They had so many things going on at once!  While we were there we saw triple jump, javelin, shot-put, wheelchair racing, running, and a relay.

Me with some cool architecture outside Olympic Stadium.

That's all for Olympics pictures!  Now onto the other stuff...
Evie (Mat's niece) and I. We're best buds.

Just hanging out in the garden.

I'm sure you're as surprised as I am to see Mat sleeping.. ALWAYS sleeping!
We went to Somerset House to get wine/food at this little tapas place just inside only to realise that London Fashion Week was going on inside Somerset House.  Needless to say, we stuck out like sore thumbs in our normal jeans and a shirt outfits.

Somerset House + London Fashion Week.

We went back to Covent Garden and drank Prosecco (our favourite!) outside a restaurant instead.

After drinking, we went to eat at Jamie Oliver's pop-up restaurant Union Jack's in Covent Garden Market.  We went last year to a different location and it was awful.  This time it was actually really good!  They do British flatbread pizzas, and mostly seafood for main courses.

<3

Covent Garden is busy on a Saturday night!

Waterloo Bridge - it was really windy! 

Here's our newly decorated bed :)  Mat still doesn't understand the need for decorative pillows, but I talked him into getting them anyway.

Finally, Portobello Road Antique Market in Notting Hill.  Mom, you would LOVE this place.
So crowded!  It's basically a HUGE antique market every Saturday.  All the antique stores have booths on the sidewalks, and there are tons of walk-through markets with stalls. 

Here's what I bought:
How cute is that!?  Mat and Paul were even impressed!

I also bought some old keys that I'm going to do something crafty with.

Some other tidbits about the last few days:
1. I tried to bake Mat a belated birthday cake.  It turned out okay, but I took some shortcuts in the recipe so it was a little weird.  And fell apart.  Frosting was good though!
2. I bought a CD from a street performer in Covent Garden.  It was £10, which wasn't too bad.  He was amazing.  The CD is not as amazing though.  Lesson learned!
3. I don't have a job yet.  Wahhh.
4. I'm going to International Student Orientation tomorrow at King's College!  I don't really need any of the information they're going to give, but I thought it'd be nice to go and get acquainted with some of my new classmates!  Then registration is on Wednesday.
5. Mat's back at his old restaurant today (in Royal Festival Hall).  It's a bigger, busier site, and he'll be managing that one and overseeing things at Covent Garden.  It's not as easy of a journey on the tube for me to come visit him in Waterloo though!  I guess they weren't thinking about my convenience when they made this decision :)
6. I've started doing yoga.  By started, I mean I did it once. This morning. An hour ago.  Hopefully I'll stick with it :)

That's all!

1 comment: