13 September 2012

Putney

I was going to upload pictures from the Olympics today but they're on Mat's camera.. which is in France with Mat.  So those will have to wait until this weekend!

I had an interview today in Putney with a nanny agency.  Putney is quite a journey from where I live - an easy journey, but a long one.  I live where the dark blue and the light blue lines meet in the top right of the map (Finsbury Park).  Putney is the bottom left of the green line (District Line).  Quite a journey! (I can't get a tube map to fit in my blog that's readable, so this is just part of the tube map.. feel free to look at the full map here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf )


The interview went well I think.  I was 45 minutes early so I roamed around Putney.  It was beautiful!  I found my dream house.  All of the houses looked similar, but this one seemed to be in the best condition.. and it's huge!

Cool bridge outside the East Putney Underground station.

After leaving Putney I went to Knightsbridge, home to the famous Harrods Department Store.  I roamed around inside for a while.  A sandwich was about all I could afford in that store so I bought one and headed home!


I had a good Skype chat with Momma Keys when I got home, then headed out to go grocery shopping. I wore sweatpants and tennis shoes to the grocery store - first time I've gone out in public in London in sweatpants!  London is very trendy - everyone looks so put together all the time.  Every once in a while I'm going to let myself go out in sweatpants to feel American for  a little while :)

Mat's having a good time in France!  He's in Montpellier (which is not pronounced anything like Montpelier, Vermont, which I learned yesterday when I tried to pronounce it and he laughed at me).  He'll be back late tomorrow night so I'm planning on doing some sightseeing during the day tomorrow (Mat hates sightseeing).  I'm going to go see Big Ben and Westminster since I haven't done that since I've been here this time, and I might go to Notting Hill to do a little shopping.  I'm trying to slowly explore every part of London that I've never been to!  I can cross Putney and Camden off my list, but there are so many more to see!


2 comments:

  1. That house is next door to my friends in Putney! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't start going out in your pajamas...that would make you feel American, also:)

    ReplyDelete