08 October 2012

Volleyball and such..

There seems to be no limit to the number of car-related TV shows Mat can find.  I'm learning more about Jaguar's and Mercedes', and Ferrari's than I ever wanted to know.  When there aren't any car shows on, we watch football (soccer, not American football).  That gives me lots of time to pretend to be interested while actually writing in my blog, cruising Pinterest, or creeping on Facebook.  Tonight I've chosen to update my blog :)

Let's start with the good news - I made the volleyball team!  It wasn't really a try-out.. more of just a training.  It was intense.  Very intense.  I haven't touched a volleyball in at least a year so I was a little rusty.  After an hour and a half of setting, my hands were swollen and I was exhausted.   But the girls on the team were great and it was so much fun!  It was really nice to be on the court again.  Today I woke up feeling like I got hit by a train.  Every single muscle in my body hurts.  Muscles I didn't even know I had are sore!  I guess playing volleyball will whip me back into shape.

I had an interview today for a part-time babysitting job for a boy with Autism (similar to what I used to do in the US).  It went well!  I have a trial shift tomorrow, so hopefully that goes well too.

I wrote half of my first grad school paper today!  It's a rough rough draft, but it feels good to at least have part of it done.  I've been spending a lot of time in Canteen drinking OJ and reading about the UNCRC and International Children's Rights.

Here are a few other random pictures:
This is the market outside Mat's restaurant.  It's there every weekend with different food/coffee/beer stalls.  My favourite is the organic beef burger stall.  I could eat there every day!  At the bottom of the screen is the South Bank Centre security making some boys move their busking to another area.  The poor boys were only like 14 and actually sounded good!  I think they added nice background music to the market :)

This is the inside of an Overground train.  They're much roomier and nicer than the Underground trains.  I took the Overground to Shoreditch/Brick Lane to see Amanda at her new stomping grounds!

Look at that precious face!  Nug and his new favourite blanket.  I can't wait to pinch his little cheeks :)

Off to talk Mat into watching something not car/football related.. wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment