06 October 2012

Cooking our lives away

Mat was off yesterday so instead of going to Angel/Islington like I wanted to, we spent the day lounging around, grocery shopping and cooking.  I made Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake, which is always magical.  Here's the finished product:

Looks yummy, right?

Mat is such a photographer.

Excited about Blueberry Breakfast Cake.

It looks so pretty in those pictures.. Too bad this is what the inside looked like:

It was batter.  Just batter.  I baked it for longer than the recipe said, and I put a toothpick in it and it came out clean!  We had to throw the whole middle away :(
Not even close to cooked. I'm going to blame the oven.

We also made French Onion Soup (by 'we' I mean Mat made it), which is always good. 
Not quite enough cheese but it was magical!

Mat also prepped Chicken Pot Pies but we just weren't hungry after soup, so we're going to make them tonight I think.  

Since we didn't go anywhere really yesterday, I was getting restless around 8 o'clock last night.  So we walked outside in the rain, got on a random bus, and then got off at a random stop.  We ended up in the middle of a not so nice part of town full of men in massive round fur hats (think Russian mafia).  We walked around (in the rain) for a few minutes and then went home.  We got nothing accomplished on that trip, but at least we got out of the house!

I woke up with a sore throat today (not happy about it).  Mat's had a cold so I'm sure he gave it to me.

I have volleyball try-outs tomorrow!  Very exciting.  It's a club at school.  They have two teams, the competitive one and the non-competitive one.  I'm sure I'm a little rusty but I should be good enough to make the competitive team. Fingers crossed! :)

I'm heading to the library shortly to do a ton of studying.  It's only open until 530, which sucks, but I'll get a good few hours of reading in before they close.

Time to start being productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment