28 October 2012

Borough Market and pumpkin carving.

Today is Mat and I's dating anniversary.  We've survived a whole year together!  Who would've thought?  In any case, we're going back to Cote Brasserie in Hays Galleria (which is where we had our first date) for a celebratory dinner tonight :)

But first, I'm off to Egham to play with the mixed volleyball team (boys and girls together).  Should be fun!  Hopefully my pulled quad muscle decides to cooperate and be un-pulled today.

We finally had to turn on our heat last night.  It is definitely winter in London!  Very cold and very windy.

Here are some pictures from the last week.. I've been awful at taking pictures - luckily, Mat is an amateur photographer with his phone :)

My first visit to Borough Market!  It's a magical place.  So many cool food stalls and great vendors.  We spent a ton of money :)

Tomatoes.

Truffles for sale - £570 per 100 grams!  CRAZY!  The black ones were only £108 per 100 grams.

Our goal is to take a picture of me in front of every landmark in London.  This is me and the Shard building.  Look at the sky - such pretty weather :)
Pre-carving.  Mat hasn't carved a pumpkin in years so he was really excited.  He wanted to do all these crazy complicated designs with their tongues sticking out and stuff, but he settled on Jack from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

My pumpkin - pre-carving.

Finished pumpkins!

:)  I love them!

That's all for pictures!  Amanda and I went to a market on Sloane Square yesterday, then wandered around Chelsea and saw some cool bridges but I didn't take any pictures (oops!).  Also, our clocks changed last night so I'm only 5 hours ahead of Midwestern America now (at least until your clocks change).

That's all for now.. time to get my volleyball gear together!



No comments:

Post a Comment