11 October 2012

Wine decanter.

I'm having a fantastic week!  I made the volleyball team, got a job (it's only 3 hours a week, but it's something!), and managed to write half my paper!  I also got to spend almost a whole day hanging out with Mat.. that hasn't happened in weeks.

Tuesday, we went to lunch at Carluccio's, a restaurant Mat used to run in Oxford Circus.  Then I went to my trial shift and Mat did some shopping.  When I got back, he had 2 bags in each hand, and had spent almost 2 hours in the kitchen section of Selfridges.  For those of you who don't know Mat, he has a slight obsession with kitchen equipment.  If I hadn't been there, I bet he would've left with an entire kitchen full of Le Creuset dishes, a Kitchen Aid mixer, some new knives, and lots of other things.  Luckily, he only ended up buying some ramekins, a wine decanter, and a couple new cookbooks.  The wine decanter only happened because Mat decided that if he had to choose between the wine decanter and me, he'd choose the wine decanter.  Such a sweet boyfriend :)

This is Mat's heaven - the Le Creuset section of Selfridges

We wandered down to Baker Street to find dinner.  This is just a cool building.  

In our dinner search we ended up at Canteen (shocking, I know!).  I'd never been to the Canteen on Baker Street though, so it was fine.  It's a beautiful restaurant!  We ordered lots of beverages - OJ, water, and a bottle of Prosecco.

Nice shirt Mathew :)

The boys were SO excited about the wine decanter.  Seriously. Such old men.


They then drank the whole bottle (I would've helped but I don't like red wine).

And here's my early birthday present from Mat - a new backpack! It looks pink but it's actually purple. I love it.

That's all for pictures!  
I need to work on my paper today, but I'm severely lacking in the motivation department.  7 and a half hours of lectures on Wednesday afternoons make me lose the desire to do any other work for the rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. It is not necessary to have an expensive decanter as any large glass will do, but as I have said in many of my articles, for me, ambience is important. A nice crystal wineglass and a pretty decanter enhance the experience. If you choose to aerate the wine in glasses, pour it into a large glass and allow it to stand for at least ten minutes before drinking.

    wine decanters

    ReplyDelete