21 October 2012

Greenwich and a mini photo-shoot with Evie :)

Picture tiiiiiiiiiiiiime :)

Just having some burgers and wine at Byron - our favourite burger place!

They also have malts - I want to live in Byron!
Ben and I waiting for the boat to Greenwich!  The pier was right by the London Eye and this was the view.

Parliament - I was in there last week :)

The man taking our picture didn't think we'd want to have the top of Big Ben in our picture apparently. Amateur photographer :)

Here comes the boat!

Me on the boat.  It was nice - heated and covered (thank goodness cause it was freezing and rainy!)

Mat is such a good photographer!  Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast, and the Union Jack.

This is where Mat and I went on our first date!  Cote Brasserie at Hayward's Galleria.  We're going back there for our 1 year anniversary next week :)

Made it to Greenwich!  This is the Cutty Sark, a massive old clipper boat.  Very cool!  We didn't go inside but you can see in through the glass on the bottom.

I will never get sick of London markets!  Greenwich has a good market.  I got myself a new Oyster card holder - doesn't sound very exciting but I love it.

Photographer Mat again :)

Outside the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich. 

Just standing on the Prime Meridian at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. My feet are in 2 different hemispheres!  We had to pay £7 to get into the courtyard where the line was.

Mat in two hemispheres.


The old Prime Meridian line was just marked with a concrete pillar.


While someone was taking this picture of us with Mat's camera, some Japanese tourists were also taking our picture.. with their own camera. Very odd.

4 am in America!

Cool map that shows where it's day and night.

Walking back down the hill from the Royal Observatory.

Naturally it started pouring down rain as we were leaving.. this is me and the Cutty Sark.

The Shard building from the boat on the way back to Central London.

Built to look like a shard of glass, hence why it's called the Shard :)

That's it for Greenwich!  Mat and I went back to Dorking for the night after Greenwich and had a mini photo-shoot with Evie (Mat's niece).
Look at that cute little face!

"Seriously Uncle Mathew.. leave me alone."

"Save me!"

Just drumming away!

Adorable.

Uncle Mathew kisses.

Best friends.

More drumming.

"Uncle Mathew stop taking my picture and let me play with the camera!"

That's all for pictures!

I went to brunch today with Amanda on Brick Lane.  We went to a yummy little French place, but I had so many problems with buses!  I only took the bus because the Tube is a nightmare on the weekends.  They do engineering work on weekends, so half the lines were closed today.  Normally I would take the Victoria Line, then the Overground to Shoreditch to go to Brick Lane.  Conveniently, both the Victoria Line and the Overground were closed this weekend.  So I got on the bus to get there at 1030 (it takes an hour).. halfway through the journey, the bus says it's changing destinations.. then a few stops later, it terminated.  Out of nowhere. And in the middle of nowhere. So I had to walk 1.3 miles to get to Brick Lane.  Very annoying!  But I burned some calories before my yummy brunch :)

Mat is making me watch Top Gear now.. cars cars cars all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment