15 October 2012

Parliament etc.

In class the other day, our speaker was telling us about this website called wordle.net where you can make word clouds based on the number of times you use a word in a piece of writing, a website, etc.  So I put in my blog address and this is what I got!  I think it only did the first page (the most recent posts).. but you can clearly see what I write about the most :)

Chicken pot pies :) They refused to cook all the way (seems to be an ongoing problem in this house!) but they looked pretty!

This was approximately 10 pm on a Friday or Saturday night.  Poor thing has such a hard time staying awake at night!

Amanda and I in the entry hall of Parliament!  We were only allowed to take pictures in this room, which was disappointing.  We got to walk through the House of Lords and the House of Commons, plus the rest of the pretty rooms in Westminster Palace!  

 We didn't get to go up in Ben, but I will do it!

Ben and I. Jealous, Kate?!

Ben and Parliament and the London Eye in the distance - view from the bridge.

View from the other side of the bridge.. not quite so pretty.  That's the actual city of London.  The other side (where Ben and Parliament are) is the city of Westminster.

Cheese and Wine Festival.  So busy! We spent lots of money on cheese and wine :)

Mat is a giant when he stands the step above me on the escalator in the tube station.

We have our first volleyball game next weekend!  Very exciting :)  However, after practice yesterday, I'm pretty confident I pulled every muscle in my left leg.  Moral of the story - I'm out of shape.

I start my job today, then I have to finish formatting my paper, turn it in, and read read read for class on Wednesday!

Finally, we were cooking (and eating) machines again last night.  Mat made Pork Tenderloins with Maple-Mustard Sauce:
Yum!
Such a serious chef :)

Then we had a cheese platter with all our yummy cheeses from the Cheese and Wine Festival:

Then we baked chocolate chip cookies.  We do love our food in this house :)


No comments:

Post a Comment