04 October 2012

Thursday

As I was waiting for the bus home today after printing lots of £'s worth of pages of reading in the library, I was taking pictures (shocking, I know. I'm still such a tourist).  I'm sure you're all getting sick of pictures of the London Eye and Big Ben, but I just can't help posting them!  So here's the view in the gap between the buildings by the bus stop :)

90 degrees counterclockwise from the last picture is this one.  The big round thing in the middle is the BFI IMAX, which is right in the middle of a roundabout.  There are underground tunnels to get to to the IMAX and to all the different sides of the roundabout (Waterloo Station, the Southbank, etc.).  That white-ish coloured building on the left is part of King's College.  I have two classes there every week. 

This is coming out of the tunnel from the Southbank (walking by the door to the IMAX) to go to school.  You can barely see the door to my school in the top of the picture!

This is the other building on the Waterloo Campus.  King's College is huge.  I have 1 class in this building every week.

We got our first essay assignment for class.  I'm planning on spending all day Saturday in the library reading!  I found the silent study room in the library the other day, and it's a magical place.  No cell phones, laptops, or food allowed.  It's actually silent.  I love it.  I read an entire 30-page article in one sitting with no distractions (trust me, that's quite a feat).

Tonight, I'm going to BYOB Indian dinner with Amanda.  Apparently the Indian restaurants don't sell alcohol, so you buy it from the store next door and take it in the restaurant.  Should be fun!  

Mat's off tomorrow so we're going to do some exploring.  I think we're going to go to Angel/Islington and do some shopping (with all the money I don't have!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment