09 September 2011

First week of student teaching = complete!

I taught my first lesson today and it was AMAZING!  I was just teaching them all about America and where I came from.  Then I showed them pictures of my house, my car, my yard, a mailbox, etc.  Then I had a "Miss Keys Bag" where I put things like my knitting, and my camera, and a book (and other things). They loved coming to the front of the room and choosing things out of the bag.  I also did the register in the afternoon.  So I got to say "Good afternoon" to all the little children.  The girls were so nice and said things like "Good morning Miss Keys.  You look like a beautiful princess and a fairy."  Made my day!

Also, so funny that my teacher actually called people "poppet."  Really. So funny!  Also, today in the bathroom, a Year 2 child said "Are you from America?" And I said "Yes I am."  And a Year 1 boy got really serious and said "Miss Keys, do you speak American?"  They just can't understand that I'm actually speaking English!  Overall, the day was really good and I'm in such a good mood!

Kate and Megan and I went to eat at a little Italian restaurant in Dorking.  It was really good food!  A little confusion because we didn't know how we were supposed to go about paying the bill, but our server Jim was very nice and we figured it out =)  Now we're going out for a few drinks at our local pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment