06 September 2011

Whoops!

So, being the nice roommate I am, I tried to make dinner for Kate, Megan, and I when I got home from school today (around 5:30).  I was just going to make some alfredo out of a bag (like a pasta side).. and I was making two packages.  So I ask Sandy, our dad, for a measuring cup and he gives me one.  I measure out the milk and water and put it in the pan.  I thought it looked like a lot of liquid, but I measured right so I just kept going.  Turns out, the measuring cup was pints? or something? In any case, I put in 3 times the amount of liquid I was supposed to.  I had to cook down the noodles and sauce for like 20 minutes to get enough liquid to evaporate for it to be edible.  Next time I'll clarify that I need a measuring cup that measures actual cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment