21 September 2011

Wednesday

I still have this absolutely awful cough, so my game plan is to go to bed by 9 o'clock tonight and tomorrow night and hope it goes away by this weekend!

At school today, we had people from the Yehudi Menuhin School come to teach the Year 2s their first violin lesson.  Yehudi Menuhin was a famous violinist who founded a school in Surrey.  The school is basically for musical prodigies.  It's an international boarding school, and it's all ages, so the students are all ages and from all different countries.  Every Wednesday, a teacher and some students from the school come to St. Michael's to teach the Year 2s how to play the violin.  The Yehudi Menuhin School provides the violins and everything!  It's a really great program!  So the whole school got to listen to a mini-concert by the Yehudi Menuhin students this afternoon.  Here's their website:
http://www.yehudimenuhinschool.co.uk/

We had a staff meeting this afternoon, but I didn't need to be there (thank goodness!), so I got to come home at 4!  I went into Dorking and shopped a little bit.  Shopping is so hard here because I have no idea what size I am in British sizes and there were no fitting rooms... so I just guessed.

I saw someone driving a Maserati today in Dorking.  I would like to be his friend (or just ride around in his car).

I got a package full of food goodies from Momma Keys today!  Thank goodness because I was starting to have easy mac withdrawals!

Now I need to go nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment