26 September 2011

Monday

I was up all last night coughing, which Megan really loved.  She eventually had to go downstairs to sleep because I was still coughing at 3 am. Sorry Meg!  So, needless to say, it was rough getting up this morning.    I'm going to have to take double the medicine tonight or else I'll have no hope of making it through tomorrow.

This morning was pretty uneventful.  When reading with a girl, she was stuck on the word "TV".. so she sounded it out "ta-va" (which are the correct sounds).. but then looks at me really confident and goes "sponge"... uhhh no? Where did sponge come from?  Weird.

I spent the afternoon in the Year 2 classroom so I could get to know them before the field trip tomorrow.  I introduced myself and told them about my family and said that I came from America.  When I asked if they had any questions, these are the questions I got:
"Do they have trees in America?"
"Do they have palm trees in America?"
"Do they have coconut trees in America?"

... really?  After some direction from the head, they asked questions about where I actually came from (where in America I lived, was it cold there, etc).  I'm going on a field trip with them tomorrow to Hever Castle, which is apparently where Anne Boleyn grew up.  Should be fun!  I don't know how to dress though, because the weather has been so odd lately!  It was freezing this morning, but 70 degrees when I got home!  And today was supposed to be the worst day of the week.  With my luck, it'll probably be 80 degrees for the trip!  Better than 50 and rainy I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment