18 September 2011

Friday/Weekend

So I taught my two lesson on Friday.. they did NOT go as well as I planned.  Train-wreck might be how I'd describe them, actually.  Haha.  Friday was just not a good day.  I was sick (I knew I couldn't make it through the first full week without getting sick!) and exhausted and the kids were exhausted and it just wasn't great.  I'll have to redeem myself this week!

The weekend was okay.  We took the bus to Kingston to go shopping on Saturday (after a much needed sleep-in!).  It was about an hour bus ride to Kingston, even though it's only like 20-25 miles (I think?).  Anyway, we didn't look at a map or anything before we got there (great planning, I know) so we just got off the bus and wandered around.  We discovered a store called Primark, which is a really cheap, cute store.  Then we found an H&M and some other little boutiquey stores.  We ate dinner at a little cafe place called Local Heros, which had phenomenal sandwiches and salads.  We got home around 630 and just lounged around for a while.  I skyped with Jonathan, so that was nice!

Kate and Megan wanted to go out, so of course I got peer pressured into going as well (even though I was hacking my lungs up all day).  Turned out to be a really eventful night.  I spent 30 minutes of the night listening to a stranger confess his love for me, and ask me to marry him.  Dorking is full of characters!  (Hopefully I don't run into that particular character again.)

Today, we pretty much laid around.  I skyped Momma and Poppa Keys and did some homework.  Then our host parents made us a fantastic dinner (roast beef and every sort of veggie you could ever want).  We were also introduced to yorkshire puddings, which are really yummy (and not pudding at all). Now onto more lesson planning!

1 comment:

  1. I love yorkshire pudding! I have it every year for Christmas =)

    ReplyDelete