02 October 2011

Brighton

Yesterday, we spent the day in Brighton with Paul.  Brighton is my favourite city in England so far.  I absolutely loved it.  It took almost 2 hours to get there because the traffic was so awful.  It was a beautiful day outside (75 and sunny) and the seaside is in Brighton, so it makes sense that the traffic was awful.  Once we got there, however, it was amazing.  We went to eat at a place called Food for Friends, which is a vegetarian restaurant.  I didn't like my food, but everyone else's food was surprisingly good.  Then we walked along the seaside, and explored some little shops.  We managed to find Toms in a little shoe store, so I got a new pair.  Then, we watched the sunset on the beach (which was a pebble beach, not sand.. ouch), and then walked down the pier so Megan and Kate could go on the roller coaster.  Paul and I played air hockey (and I won, obviously).  It was one of my favourite days in England!  Here are some pictures:

Brighton seaside (aka my favourite place in the world).

The seaside in Brighton again.

The Brighton Pier (not the best picture).


In the freezing cold ocean!

Right before we got soaked by a wave.

Kate, Paul and I at the Royal Pavilion in Brighton.

Royal Pavilion.  Fun fact: During WWII, Hitler wanted to use this building as his headquarters in Great Britain, so he ordered his army to not bomb it.

Sunset in Brighton.  I'm obsessed.  That structure out there was the old pier, called West Pier, but it burned down.

Kate, Megan and Paul watching the sunset.

Really dark picture of me and the sunset.

Megan, Kate and I being in love on the Brighton Pier.

Easily my favourite day so far.  I like Brighton even more than I like London!  Now, back to reality and homework today.

No comments:

Post a Comment