03 October 2011

Case of the Mondays..

It was a rough morning in our house today!  We use our phones for alarms, and neither of them decided to go off this morning.  So the other girls, who get picked up at 645, didn't wake up until 630.  Then, I didn't wake up until 720 and get picked up at 750!  We need to invest in a real alarm clock I think.

It was a pretty good day at school today.  I taught numeracy this morning, and PSHE this afternoon (personal, social and health education).  Pretty uneventful lessons, both went pretty smoothly.  During register, the boys think they should join in with the "You look like a princess," but they want to sound cool so they say things like "Good afternoon Mrs. Bass, you look like a soldier and/or a knight."  Not exactly the same as a princess, but they do their best.

I learned how to tie a tie today!  The children wear ties, so when they're changing after PE, they always ask me to tie them.  Last week, they were astonished when I didn't know how.  This week, one of the children said "Miss Keys did you learn how to tie a tie yet?"  I said I hadn't, so one of the TA's taught me during PE changing time.  The kids thought it was so funny and kept whispering to each other "Miss Keys is like a kid learning something!"

Now onto more lesson planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment